Monday, May 15, 2006

My perspective...

Contributed by DRR Jamie Tan



Truly, it’s a pleasure for me to pen a few words in this happening webpage of RAC Port Klang Centennial. I must appreciate President Toh for making an effort to approach me for this article.

Well, I have never known much about RAC Port Klang Centennial until I assume to serve as DRR for this term of Rotary 2005-2006. It was really nice to observe that this young club have blossomed well and fine for the past one term. As a club, I believe the President and members have been exposed well within the district and abroad due to own initiatives.

I’m impressed with the maturity of the club despite being newly chartered end of last term. As observed, the club maintains good relationship with Rotarians of their sponsoring Rotary Club of Port Klang. I must say their relationship is truly one of a kind, which makes me wish if only other Rotaract clubs in our district could have, and perhaps communication gap could be eliminated or the very least reduced.

RAC Port Klang Centennial is seen to have an edge to excel by possessing the right attitude and the most that I appreciate is the members have the sincerity to serve. I not saying this because I got free Andy Lau’s concert ticket from President Toh (anyways it was not really for free since it was a pleasure for us help Uncle Chew to do a community service project by accompanying old folks and children from under privilege homes to the said concert).

I noticed that sincerity shines through their actions, which speaks louder than words. One of my personal observations was during New Year celebration at the Joint Rotary and Rotaract District Conference with 500 orphans held in Crowne Mutiara Hotel this year. While most Rotaractors got carried away by busy posing for group photos on stage in the grand ballroom, I personally saw all members of this club were outside the hotel entrance helping Rotarians to usher the orphans safely back into the buses. As DRR, that really made me proud of their actions and wish all other Rotaractors in the ballroom then could exampled them.

I am optimistic that this club would shine brighter in time to come but the challenge is sustainability and continuity. It’s typical for all Rotaract clubs not only within our district to face this issue and I believe it’s not hard to achieve if only every party in this voluntary organization play their parts. Every party means every member of Rotaract and Rotary. As leadership changes in every term, there’s a lack in continuity even in the district level, which is about to change. Every year the emphasis changes and Rotaract community kept facing the same issues again. I hope that RAC Port Klang Centennial would put utmost emphasis in membership development and continue to have meaningful projects within the club’s means.

Well done to President Toh for a successful term and all the best to incoming President Feldman and members of the club!

Strengthening Ties, Reaching Greater Heights

Jamie Tan
District Rotaract Representative
District 3300, MalaysiaRY 2005-2006

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Jamie for having confidence in our club. Thanks for writing such well written article for us too.

After reading it, I guess the morale of our club will be heavily boosted.

Monday, May 15, 2006 5:26:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Jamie for your support here. Becoz of your support, We will try our best to make it better than before.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 8:15:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home