Thursday, May 04, 2006

Hey, brothers!

Contributed by Rtr Sooling

Around May 2005, I was invited to attend the first meeting of Rotaract Club of Port Klang Centennial that was held at PP Kuah’s office, one of the Rotarians from Rotary Club of Port Klang. When I was there, I sat quietly and listened to what they were talking about.

After the meeting, I said goodbye to them and went back. For me, that time I was thinking, “err… may be they just joined the club to have fun.” so whether I did join them or not didn’t really matter. Then I disappeared from the club for few months.

One fine day, I received a call from our VP Hui Hui. She asked me whether I want to attend the meeting. I did not want to go, but I didn’t know how to reject Hui Hui so finally I forced myself to attend the meeting. After the second meeting (as far as I am concerned) our President Toh started calling me out for a drink (maybe he wanted to tie up our club members’ bone… hahaha!).

I still remember when President called me out for the first time, I rejected, second times I also rejected. I thought he would stop calling me and leave me alone. But he didn’t. He called me again, this time I could not reject anymore and we met each other in mamak stall.

That time, Timmy Ong, our club community service director joined us too. I know I am that type of person who need others to push me then only I will move one small step. So, of course, after the first ‘date’ with my ‘Tai Lo’ (yeah, I called my President “Tai Lo” which means Big Brother in Cantonese) I started to join the club’s activities (wuwuwu ~ = =’, I was forced by my ‘tai lo’ to join their activities…)

Whenever our club has any activity, sure my ‘tai lo’ will ask me to join, whether I like it or not. He will register for me first, then only he persuades me (sounds more like forcing than persuading, haha…), but I really appreciate what he did to me. Because, I gain a lot after attending those activities, improve my knowledge, meet new friends, more exposure to public compared to last time.

It was you guys who tell me that: “Sooling! You must have confidence in yourself!” When I need advice, when I’m down, you guys will be there. Give me a lot of opinion from different views to solve my problems.
(from left: Lloyd, Harnniann & Timmy)
Harnniann, Timmy and Lloyd, thank you for being my buddies. I really appreciate it and I will keep this friendship forever and ever.

14 Comments:

Blogger Liang Boy said...

Well, of course we have seen the 'transformed Soo Ling' nowadays! :D

Keep it up, Sooling, like VP Hui2 mentioned in the article, cannot be 'no life' ai!

Thursday, May 04, 2006 12:30:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bcoz of these 3 big guys..the time with family getting lesser and lesser...

Is a good thing or bad thing?!

Thursday, May 04, 2006 1:33:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea it's a totally different Soo Ling now. Before this it was the nice and quiet Soo Ling. Now it's the active and violent Soo Ling~ Hehe..

Nevertheless, her hobby remains: washing dishes.

Hey Soo Ling glad you can contribute and doing a great job for our club! :)

Tim

Thursday, May 04, 2006 1:47:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amboi Timmy. You are calling Soo Ling, 'violent' now. What happen?

Did she 'violate' you ?

Just curious. Hehe.

Soo Ling, thanks for the great article. Never know that we can be great frens besides your 'tie' with the three 'tai lohs'

Cheers
Hui Hui

Thursday, May 04, 2006 4:13:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"maybe he wanted to tie up our club members’ bone… hahaha!" the author said.

I wonder why the president would like to "tie up" the members' "bone"?

Thursday, May 04, 2006 5:09:00 pm  
Blogger Liang Boy said...

Yeah Timmy,

I actually hesitated for 16 minutes and 34 seconds about using the word 'violence' describing her. Sigh, never mind, now at least even she gona 'violence' someone, it gona be Timmy Tah Loh! Hahaha...

Thursday, May 04, 2006 11:51:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

quote
engtee said...
Bcoz of these 3 big guys..the time with family getting lesser and lesser...

Is a good thing or bad thing?!

create a new family within rotaract loh..

good luck and happy family

regards
zkin

Friday, May 05, 2006 12:43:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sooling, reading ur article make me realise i am in the process of TRANSFORMING by your 3 tai lous - three monkey brothers... :p , oh yea and u the GREAT influence i guess... Dont worry i wont be more violent than wat u are now... hehehehhe...(I need u to protect me, u know...)

Fei Lin
RAC Shah Alam

Friday, May 05, 2006 3:02:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feilin,

I am deeply disturbed by your "three monkey brothers" to describe the 3 fine gentlemen of RAC Port Klang Centennial.

BUT I do agree with you that you are indeed in the process of "TRANFORMATION" by these gentlemen. You shall be "portklangnised" in due course. Trust me.

Sooling is the best proof.

Friday, May 05, 2006 3:15:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(Chuckles away)......

Fei Lin
RAC Shah Alam

Friday, May 05, 2006 4:25:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey President, I like the word "portklang-nised".. haha!

Tim

Friday, May 05, 2006 5:16:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 11:17:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 11:37:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 11:38:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home