Sunday, May 07, 2006

Love or Money?

Contributed by Rtr Engtee

Love and money which one you prefer most? Have you ever thought about which one is much more important in your life? Love, money or none of them?

Just few hours ago, I glanced through today’s Sin Chew Jit Poh while I was having breakfast with President Toh. I was attracted by a story titled “Husband killed his wife because of MONEY” I was shocked at the time, even though things like that happen everywhere and everyday. I kept questioning myself: is money so important in life? Will you kill your husband or wife, the one you love so truly and deeply just because of money?

Below are some common statements found from girls during their conversation:-
“My boyfriend gives me nothing special during valentine’s day, just a diamond ring worth around RM 3000 only!”
“Sigh! How come your boyfriend just bought you a ring worth RM200 as wedding ring? You should request more!”
“Aiyo, your boyfriend is not good looking, not rich as well, you should have dumped him earlier”
“My new LV handbag from him!”
“Hey, my boy friend going to sponsor me a free trip to Australia end of this month!”
“Come and have a look! I just got a platinum credit card from my boyfriend”
“Try to grab as much money as possible before getting married”
“If I can have lots of money, I don’t mind to be someone’s mistress”
Sometimes, I really would like to post a question to them “Do you love him?” They may come out with the equation of Money = Love, how much he loves you depends on how much he spends on you. I found that guys are like ATM machine.
I wonder how many man can be successful in the age of 25? Either he is very lucky or he has a very good financial background. For me, well, love is not about material things! It's about mutual respect and understanding. Money makes life bearable, expensive gift means nothing if there is no love between couples.
You may say that I am still young so my thought and opinion will change from time to time. How about you? What do you think on this?
Poor guys, have you found your true love who can support you all the way?

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Money is definitely not the root or cause of all evils for issues in love. Is the weakness of HUMAN nature-ie tendency to compare and contrast among each other in material sense.

If fellow human beings are contented there won't be statements like 'my bf gave me a RM3000 ring' (why must we brag?)

To have both money and love at the same time, is not possible. There is always a trade off but the key is to TRY to strike a balance in life.

Sunday, May 07, 2006 11:58:00 pm  
Blogger Liang Boy said...

~ music playing in the background... (childhood rhymes of 2 tigers) - lloyd got no money ai, lloyd got no money ai, borrow from EngTee, borrow from Engtee, EngTee is ATM ATM ai, EngTee is ATM ai, Toh gives money, Toh gives money...

OK, aside from the joke, I am really surprise to read an article like this from EngTee, hm... I wonder what Harnniann has secretly put into the soup for her to drink, making her thought of so much things! That's a great news~!! ;) Keep it up!

Monday, May 08, 2006 12:39:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Money or love? wow, this is quite a good article that mesmerised me in such early morning. To be frank, this question does has crossed my mind once in a while. But anyhow, I know i am clear of which I will choose and without hesistation it will be LOVE. It happened to me so I am certain that LOVE is more important than anything else including money.

With much respect, I do not agree with the statement that "to have both money and love at the same time, is not possible. It does POSSIBLE in my view. One can be the richest person in the world by being rich in heart. A life without love will be meaningless. The "love" here should be interpreted widely, it can be parental love, love between siblings or bf-gf relationships.

Opps, got to go back to work now, perhaps will share more of my views the next time. Good day everyone...

Monday, May 08, 2006 8:37:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when I was a small kid, my mum always said, "study hard, make alot of money and women will come." I never really buy it.

But after reading this article, I guess what my mother said was quite true. I missed the obvious: my mum is a female too :)

Monday, May 08, 2006 3:28:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

to "anonymous"

May I suggest that you introduce yourself in your comment?

It's easy, if you dont have a blogger account just click "Other", then type in your name. That's simple :)

We value each and every comment and it would be greater if we could know you better by at least knowing who you are. Thank :D

Monday, May 08, 2006 3:37:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops I better rephrase my comments of or i will be misunderstood ' to have both money and love at the same time is not possible' with (What I meant was):

there is always a trade off between money and love in terms of time.

When you choose to spend time to work harder for money, hence lesser time for love, or the other way round.

there always have to be a balance.

Monday, May 08, 2006 3:41:00 pm  
Blogger Valerie Ooi said...

Love or Money?hmmm... I dont really have both but what I'm looking for is true love.. ^-^ love lasts longer than the money in your pocket!!

Monday, May 08, 2006 5:53:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear valerie^-^,

Are you sure "love lasts longer than the money in your pocket"?

it's good to know that ppl still have faith in love

Monday, May 08, 2006 6:20:00 pm  
Blogger Liang Boy said...

lloyd: (looking at ET but) Ah T, why? Are you doubting on Love?

Ah T: (looking back at lloyd and about to say something... )...

ET: (didnt say anything but holding the axe on her hand just a little bit tighter...)

Finally, Ah T: Of course, no doubt lar! Love is MUCH better! (look back at ET and say) ET huh?

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 12:48:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lloyd, since when you have such talent to write fiction? Maybe Dan Brown can learn something from you.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 11:26:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why there is such category of identity for being anonymous if thats not part of the option? ;)

Anyhow, no offence cos earlier on i dont really explore the option "other" so i thought the easiest way is just to press anonymous.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 6:57:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Llyod,

you "bo gam" liao.. how can u say me like this.. i am so good..

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 7:56:00 pm  
Blogger Liang Boy said...

Oi no no no, above are all fictions and have no factual basis. Dont worry lar...

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 9:29:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is a real world, if there is a true love, why i always heard a married couples said if i have a choice i will not choose love but money...


sooling

Friday, May 12, 2006 8:52:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 11:38:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 11:45:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home