Friday, May 05, 2006

After he left...

Contributed by PN Timmy Ong

"What a beautiful day it is…!” I told myself as I was driving to work this morning.


I was listening to熊天平’s songs while driving; after I found the old cassette which I bought years ago, during my high school days. I had totally forgotten about that cassette until a few days back.
“一根火柴燃燒我的心”
It perturbed my mind and my heart sank for a moment. I looked at my watch; it showed the 21st of April.
“2 more days…and it will be 4 years since he left us.” He was 21 when he left this world. He left when there are more wonderful things that await him in life. He left out of a sudden. Even now, I still find it hard to convince myself that he has in fact, really left us.
Life is vulnerable. He taught me that.
Will you live to see tomorrow? Nobody knows. I wish I knew.
That’s life, you can’t control every single pieces of it; you don’t always get what you want but you can do your part, put in your effort and you can tell yourself “I have tried it and I have no regrets.”
I know someone who does not have the chances to do what we are doing now, or what we want to do. And I know really well that if he is given a second chance, he will grab whatever chances he gets and he will live a wonderful life, every single thing in this world is precious and beautiful.
He taught me when I am given choices to try out new things, I should take it. There are so many things in life I want to do, but I am not doing it. In other words, those things are always in my Circle of Concern but never in my Circle of Influence. What am I waiting for?
Will I live tomorrow to do what I want to do today? Nobody knows. I wish I knew. But I do know that I live today, and it’s a beautiful day. Loke, you taught me that.
Editor's note: Loke was the classmate of PN Timmy, President and many more Hin Hua High School students. On the faithful morning, Loke was drowned during an outing at the beach in Taiwan. Loke will be forever missed by all his great friends.

13 Comments:

Blogger Liang Boy said...

Hey Chiow Tein,

You are so right! Life is short, life is vulnerable. In the end, it just leave to those who actually did something while those were still thinking about it, still thinks about it. Man, 'screw it! let's do it!'

PS, I love your articles!

Friday, May 05, 2006 1:12:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tim,

Sorry to know that you had lost a friend. But glad you wrote this article to remind us that it is not worth to sweat over small stuff in life.

Quoting Linkin park hit song 'IN THE END' ...in the end it doesn't really matter.

Let's not bother to think or what the world thinks of us

Friday, May 05, 2006 1:39:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Life is not measured by the breath you take but the moments that take your breath away"-- Will Smith [Hitch 2005]

We never imagine that friend of our age would just leave us like that. Don't waste our time on petty issues which lead us no where

Friday, May 05, 2006 2:32:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It takes me a while to put into words what i feel about this article and even to think about what to write. Really sorry to hear about your friend, Timmy.

The Buddha said emphatically: ‘This is a Truth to be realised here and now.’ We do not have to wait until we die to find out if it’s all true.

Saturday, May 06, 2006 12:10:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

朋友,还记得那一次在嘛嘛档的最后聚会吗?它一直都深深地烙印在我的脑海里,无法忘怀,好像昨天才发生似的。
陆威,在那一定要好好的照顾自己, 我们也一样会。多多保重!

永远想念及爱你的朋友,
盈致

Saturday, May 06, 2006 6:17:00 pm  
Blogger Valerie Ooi said...

I dont want my friends to leave.. wahh!! I dont want anyone to leave!! but... unfortunately, everyone has to go. and we just have to except death... I believe Loke has done his part as a friend and as an example. He influenced many ppl. And we should do our part as to remember the person dat leaves a footstep in our life. life is short... appreciate it.

Monday, May 08, 2006 6:06:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

like lloyd said life is vulnerable, your love ones may leave you anytime, anywhere...

friends, plz always appreciate the moment that you spend with your parents, friends and anyone else that u love and care of.


sooling

Friday, May 12, 2006 9:13:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

在你身旁 聽你呼吸
看你心跳 對你說話
你知我在遠方有多盼望
希望你 堅持下去

你能否對我們說說話
喚你醒覺只能是祝福著你
關心你的每一個人都希望
你能睜開眼睛再看看我們

我們一直盼望著你能回轉過來
盼你停下腳步 再走向我們
請別走錯方向 別找錯地方
我們總是在這裡 等你

When I arrived at the hospital, it was around 8:30 at night. I rushed into the sickroom and I saw Loke was lying on the bed on the right corner of the room. There were several patients in the room but I didn't pay much attention on them. I went directly to Loke. I couldn't believe my eyes when I first saw him. He was swollen especially his stomach, which was extraordinarily expanded. Assuming he had drunk lots of sea water. At that time, his brain was not functioning anymore, but he could hardly breathe with assistance of the machines.
For a few minutes I stood beside him, looking at his heart beat shown on the monitor.
While istening to his breath I tried to talk to him.
I wished he could keep breathing and be conscious one day.
I kept trying to make him awake and be able to talk to me though I was clear that to awaken him had been shifted from a HOPE to a WISH. All his beloved and friends wish that he could open his eyes and look at them.
We wish that he could recover and come back to us.
We also wish that he knew which way and where he should go because we would always be with him, awaiting his return...

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 1:29:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 11:17:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 11:18:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 11:20:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 11:37:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 11:38:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home