Monday, May 07, 2007

DRA - Final day!

Contributed by Rtr Jia Thiam

I was worn-out the moment I opened up my eyes. We’re supposed to be at the hall by 9.00am, but I was too tired to realize that. Somehow, I managed to drag myself out from my bed and headed straight to the cafeteria with Yiip Shaun. Way Wen were still fast asleep. I thought that I’ll be the only rotaractors left at the cafeteria. Nevertheless, to my amazement that there are others at the cafeteria doing their little business as if that they’re not late at all. I felt relief.

I rushed myself to the hall to hear the briefing. I was shocked to see an employee from 8TV eventually gave a talk about her career. The talk was short. Nevertheless, I’ve learned something new.

The speech giving session ended up quicker than I thought while the rest of the rotaractors exchanged email address and hand phone number with one another. Yiip Shaun told us that his dad wanted to leave Penang early. That leaves us no choice but to get ourselves pack as soon as possible. That means no lunch for us. The moment we load our luggage in to the car, Yiip Shaun dad asked us

Uncle: You guys don’t want to have your lunch?
Jia Thiam: Huh? (Thought you want to leave early. How to makan lar)
Uncle: Since you’ve paid for it, don’t waste it.
Jia Thiam: What about you Uncle? (So, you want to leave now or makan now?)
Uncle: Don’t worry about us. Just go have your lunch
Jia Thiam: Ermmm!
Something sounded very fishy. Anyway, we went for lunch and enjoyed them. I took a final glimpse at my surrounding and my newly-made friends, knowing that I won’t be seeing them, not until APRRC. We left Penang at 1.30pm and the journey took us hours to arrive due to the fact that Chin Ming was celebrated on the very same day. Cars filled up the whole road and that is when I knew, I won’t be arriving home early. We reached Klang at 11.30pm and had dinner after that.

My day at DRA is finally over.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow!

10 hours drive from Penang to Klang?? that must be a record of some sort...

Monday, May 07, 2007 2:02:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home