Thursday, April 19, 2007

1st Day of DRA 2007

Contributed by Rtr Jia Thiam

District Rotaract Assembly (DRA) has never popped up into my head all this while not until today. What is DRA? What are the activities held during DRA? These are the questions which I kept pondering upon. I had my first District Event during the District Rotaract Conference (DRC). I was uncertain whether should I register my name as one of the candidate. I was scared that my RM180 will go down into the drain after realizing that this money are better spent off to a sumptuous Sushi at Sushi King. I would have never taken part in such event, if it’s not for the constant begging from Rotaractor Way Wen. Somehow, I gave in to Way Wen’s request. Since then, I can’t pull back anymore; else others will just categorize me as a liar. During the final day of my DRC, I was telling myself, “Hey! It wasn’t so bad at all. I learn many new things. I’ve made new friends and I’m definitely joining the District Rotaract Assembly (DRA)”.


Thus, I had my first hand experience during the DRA 2007 held at Tanjung Bungah. The journey there seems like an endless journey. Time and tide waits for no men. I wanted to appreciate every moment I had, spent by making new friends at DRA. Anyway, the journey took us 4 hour plus plus. Upon arriving there, I take a quick glimpse on the surrounding of the hotel. The beach caught my concentration but I had with me, my luggage. That leaves me no choice but to get myself registered first. The registration counter was held in a small room, three storeys above the ground floor. After checking in, I was told that Way Wen will be my roommate while Yiip Shaun will be stuck with a Subang Rotaractor for the coming three days and two nights. After they handed over my room key, I head straight back to my room to check it out.

I was shocked to be given such a huge room enough to accommodate at least six more rotaractors comfortably. My room had a good view of the sea. What more could I expect but to felt grateful knowing that I’m going to enjoy myself for the coming three days. After settling down, I head straight down to the sea. Had a short walk along the beach with Way Wen and I finally went up to my room to have a bath leaving Way Wen behind. Shortly after my bath, Way Wen came back. Heard from him that he was playing volleyball with the other rotaractors. I was stunned for 2.56 seconds knowing that if I had not taken my bath, I would be able to mix around with the other rotaractors. Anyway, Way Wen had his bath and we headed down to grab our dinner. We had our ice-breaking session after dinner. Supposedly to be held by the beach but the weather changed for a sudden. Strong ferocious wind kept blowing towards us and we’re expecting a heavy rain. The thought of the next tsunami kept running through my mind. Anyway, Ice-breaking session was held in a room. Everything went smoothly till I received a call from Yiip Shaun that his pal was somewhere in Penang . We were later brought by his friend to else where to have a taste of true Penang local food.


To be continued...

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger harnniann said...

great article

I could almost feel like I was there... waiting for your part 2

Thursday, April 19, 2007 5:56:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

2.56 seconds?
That's quite a long shock! Lol

Thursday, April 19, 2007 7:54:00 pm  
Blogger Feldman said...

I guess the blog is changing everyone into very good narrators. Thanks to CP Toh for the headstart. Things are getting interesting!

Friday, April 20, 2007 9:10:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks President

I guess now everyone pandai pandai go and part 1 part 2 their articles...

The suspense is killing me!

Friday, April 20, 2007 9:50:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

but JT,

why 2.56 seconds??

Friday, April 20, 2007 9:52:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great write up by Jia Thiam.

2.56 seconds- stunned for a long time because he realised that he has missed the fun

JT, you should join Way Wen in the volleyball game with DRR Chandra and team :)

Friday, April 20, 2007 2:27:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, 2.56 seconds is due to the fact that I've missed a fun activity. Should have joined the volley game though. DRR Chandra injured his hand because of volley ball.

Jia Thiam

Friday, April 20, 2007 7:06:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home