Friday, May 04, 2007

DRA - Day 2

Contributed by Rtr Jia Thiam



I woke up surprisingly early knowing that I went to bed late last night. My stomach started making weird noise. That is when I knew that I needed food so badly. After settling myself, I went straight down to the cafeteria, in hoping that I’ll finally be able to treat myself to a nice breakfast. The food to my amazement was a delicious one with a variety of choice one can choose on.

Anyway, once my hunger has been satisfied, I headed straight to the hall for a Rotaract briefing. The briefing went on for hours without showing any significant sign that it will end. During the session, some of my newly–made friends came asking me,

A: “Why your Rotaract Club is so special ah? Got the word centennial at the back of it
wan.”
Jia Thiam: Yeah hor. I also don’t know

Sad to say that I have no answer to that question myself. Being a member of the club and not knowing how this club came about, truly putted me down to shame in front of the others. Nevertheless, I made an attempt to seek out the answer to that question by asking Rotaractor Hui Hui. Then I’ve finally realized that our club was chartered during the centennial year.

Rotaractor Hui Hui were one of the panelists during the session. When her turn has finally arrived, she stated that our club had our own club song- adopted from our Rotary Club of Port Klang Centennial. Way Wen and I were later requested to walk to stage to sing our club song. Singing in front of the mirror or in my bathroom is a norm thing to do but not on stage. I had butterfly in my stomach, yet I carried on. After we’ve finished with our songs, our club has instantaneously been recognized by many others for being the only club who went on stage to sing a club song. I was proud.

Lunch was equally good as well. But soon after lunch, we had our own Training program to attend. All of us went to our separate ways. As for me, I’ll be attending the Community Service Director training. I told myself that this will be a training I will never forget in my life. I made friends during the training and we even worked in pairs to come up with solution to a case study. Our solution will be analyzed by the trainees and pointed out on how we can further improve them. After hours have passed, the session ended. Way Wen wanted to treat himself to a nice game of volleyball with the other rotaractors where else I wanted to try out Jet-Skiing. As for Yiip Shaun he was no where to be found after the session ended. Anyway, we wouldn’t bother much and just carried on with our plan. Jet-Skiing have burn a deep hole in my pocket. Nevertheless, the RM25.00 spent will truly last in my memories. Thought that I never had enough, I went for a banana boat ride after that.


I was soaked wet from head to toe. All the rotaractors just wanted to have their little fun at the sea. Hui Hui became victim and was thrown into the sea. Every single rotaractors found on the beach have been thrown into the sea EXCEPT Way Wen. He was fast enough to avoid capture. Anyway, you can’t tell others that you’ve been to Penang without actually tasting Penang sea water. Shortly after that, I went back to my room to have a quick shower. I badly need them right now. I was smartly dress on that night due to the fact that I’ll be attending a classy dinner.

Dinner finished quite late and everyone is busy taking pictures with one another. I later hanged out at DRR Chandra’s room where we treat ourselves to a game of card. Ended up, I slept at 2.00 in the morning.


(to be continued...)

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger harnniann said...

JT,

Rotary Club of Port Klang Centennial???!!!

apa itu?

Friday, May 04, 2007 5:07:00 pm  
Blogger Feldman said...

I guess he still don't understand the word Centennial, somemore got the guts to ask Hannah that question yesterday :)

Friday, May 04, 2007 5:26:00 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

JT,

Can't you juz finish everything? Is Harnniann ur sifu? How come u guys are the same? You guys love to leave this phase "(to be continued...)" at the end of also every blog.

Friday, May 04, 2007 6:19:00 pm  
Blogger jiathiam said...

Hahah! Kinda shy to ask Hannah that question yday. Anyway, I have three days of article to write. It's ganna be long. I don't think you wanna see the whole webpage filled with my article. Hahah! Third day coming up by this weekend. Stay tuned.

Friday, May 04, 2007 8:56:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

JT,

Your article got me thinking..how come lar I am able to sing the club song despite the bad cough, sore throat and flu? Thot I would sound like a croak.

Thanks to you and Way Wen for chipping in to sing in front of the audience.

Great write up!. It brings back unforgetable memories of being thrown into the sea

Can't wait to read your part 3 and finale..perhaps?

Hui Hui

Saturday, May 05, 2007 1:33:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

JT,

It was nice reading your article, keep it up.

Nabei !

Monday, May 07, 2007 12:43:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Timmy,

Thanks for reminding me on the last picture posted at end of the article. Actually i totally forgot until you mention about Toilet Break,cheers ...


Harley

Tuesday, May 08, 2007 6:25:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home