Monday, March 12, 2007

Thanks for the suprises

Contributed by Rtr Harnniann

After writing about my last year birthday in this blog, I was thinking this year birthday I might not have anything interesting to write. Surprisingly I do have.

8th of March is International Women's day and also my birthday.

On the 8th evening, my Boss PP Eric aksed me whether I bought a cake to celebrate my birthday at the office. He said he was hungry. That got me so upset that I replied that it was him and the rest that should buy me cake! At that exact moment, my colleagues brought in a surprise cake for me (which they secretly bought during lunch time). We sang birthday song and enjoyed the fruitcake. Thanks for the surprise!

At night, after eating dinner with my client (who also celebrated his birthday on the 8th) my wife Rtr Engtee and I went home straight. During the journey home, Engtee was complaining about not having the idea and time to plan a surprise for me. She said she wanted to but apologize for her failure. I said I understand. We are all working adults and we have limited time to plan surprise.

BUT, the surprise did come. When I was crawling to my bed, I touched a square object hidden under my blanket. I took it out and realised it was my surprise present. It was John Grisham's latest novel titled "The Innocent Man" (not paperback but hard cover!!). A couple of days ago Engtee had innocently asked me about which John Grisham is interesting as our friend Kexin wanted to read it. I told her the latest was "The Innocent Man" but I had not read it because the paperback has not come out and there it is, now I have my first John Grisham in hardcover. Thanks for the surprise!

Just when I thought all the birthday surprises were over, it popped up again 3 days later.

Engtee and I argued about bringing a cake (which she claimed was for her office farewell party) to the Medical Camp in Bukit Cheeding, Kuala Langat. She said she wanted to bring the cake there so she could pass the cake to her colleague who will travel all the way from Pandamaran to Bukit Cheeding. I told her that idea was very stupid and if her colleague was willing to travel all the way from Pandamaran to Bukit Cheeding just to pick up a cake, her colleague was stupid too.

It ended up the cake was for my birthday celebration together with the March babies of our club. So I got a surprise birthday party with my fellow club members at the Medical Camp. Thanks for the surprise!

I am going to end this article the same way I ended last year's:-

"I think God is fair and at the same time unfair. Fair, in the sense that everyone (whether you are poor or rich, boy or girl) has a birthday; unfair, because not everyone has the privilege to enjoy a meaningful and unforgettable birthday celebration. I am grateful that I am the lucky one."

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Toh,

You're getting older again... sadly i wont be around this year for your Bday, anyway i was glad that you have enjoyed your celebration.^^

Harley

Tuesday, March 13, 2007 7:31:00 am  
Blogger jiathiam said...

Another year older. May god bless you

Tuesday, March 13, 2007 2:38:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Belated birthday wish to u, IPP..

Sunday, March 18, 2007 12:04:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home