Wednesday, March 08, 2006

My Birthday 8th March 2006

I do not know whether you share the same feeling. As I grow older I pay lesser attention to my birthday celebration. This year, I have totally forgotten about it until someone mentioned it last 2 weeks.

Yesterday, Rtr. Lloyd Cheam orchestrated a “Surprise” birthday party for me. He tried to make me feel disappointed and then lifted my spirit up when friends turned up at my house to celebrate my birthday. I will not dwell into the details of the celebration here, as Rtr. Soo Ling has graciously promised me to write a short article regarding last night celebration.

What I want to say this time is that I am so touched that at my age, I still have friends who will take the pain of planning a surprise for me. For that alone I would like to openly say thank you to Rtr Lloyd for his great efforts.

What made me feel even happier is that President Harley, despite the distance and the workloads, turned up at my house at around 10.30pm just for the sole purpose of celebrating my birthday. Thanks Prez Harley!

Later part of the night I received SMSs sent by friends and relatives. Thank you.

One particular sms I would like to share with all of you here is the sms sent by my parents from Kuala Terengganu (East Coast of Peninsular Malaysia). My parents though they are not those traditional thinking type, they seldom express their feelings for their children openly. So the moment I received their sms, I really feel like crying. This is the sms they sent:-

Happy birthday to our dearest son. We are proud of you and we love you. from dad and mum.

Those 19 words, though simple and short, carry a great depth of emotions and love which make me proud to be their son too.

I think God is fair and at the same time unfair. Fair, in the sense that everyone (whether you are poor or rich, boy or girl) has a birthday; unfair, because not everyone has the privilege to enjoy a meaningful and unforgettable birthday celebration. I am grateful that I am the lucky one.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Toh, just drop by here wishing you "Happy Birthday"!

Fei Lin,
RAC Shah Alam

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 3:35:00 pm  
Blogger timtiny said...

Little words mean alot sometimes, and it makes a big different when they do. So don't keep your feelings to yourself!

Oh BTW, Happy Belated Birthday to Toh! Can't imagine a party without Lylod~

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 5:32:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, for everyone information... we still managed to smash Toh's face with 'Icy Cream' from the cake. Bcos Eng Tee bought to Pandan Cake, so the cream were GREEN. We forgot our camera but just for everyone imagination's sake, it's like Jim Carrey's movie, the GRINCH!!

But, of course, our dear president is as good looking as the grinch.

:D

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 6:05:00 pm  
Blogger harnniann said...

Oh... who else will think of smashing the president's face with cream if not Lloyd? A boy who refuses to grow up...

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 6:07:00 pm  
Blogger harnniann said...

BTW, Cupertino, may I know who this kind soul is? Thanks

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 6:13:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think it's ur brother ya, ah toh...

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 6:33:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cupertino is Tim.

Oh, did I not mentioned that I am a blogger too? No? :P Since it takes time to maintain, my blog was shut down. But as what Arnold suggested: "I will be back.."

Llyod, Toh's brother is s2theeven.

Tim

Thursday, March 09, 2006 9:25:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Toh,

Happy belated birthday! How young are you ? I apologised for not being at your birthday party due to OT. (Taken to many days leave for holidays, now it is payback time.)

I will be back joining you all again for rotaract activities in April to make up for my absence.

Cheers.

(Smile more! Are you still recovering from the cake smashing incident ?)

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 1:49:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alamak, forgot to put my name after the comments.

Have a great trip to Taiwan.

Hui Hui

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 1:51:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home