Friday, March 10, 2006

My Swimming Team

My oh my! What a great job has Rtr Lloyd done!

When Rtr. Lloyd shared with me the idea that he wanted to ask friends to go swimming with him at Shah Alam pool, I was skeptical and I thought I would be the only sacrificial goat keeping him companied.

Somehow as though he knows some sort of special magic, against all odds he successfully persuaded Rtr. Engtee and Rtr. Sooling to swim too! What an impossible mission and he accomplished. But it was not an easy task. First we had to sell the idea to both of the girls that swimming is an excellent exercise, that not only it will make you healthy, it will make you look fit too. Once they bought this idea, we still have to cross another hurdle of giving them confidence to wear swimsuit in public! Ooh… that was a tough one but we managed.

Then we (to be more specific, it was me) had to go through the pain of accompanying Engtee to buy swimsuit. Gosh! She could take years just to pick one she likes! I remembered when I bought mine, it took me less than 15 minutes. No wonder the salesgirl gave me a BIG smile when I made payment.

When we got everything ready, off we dashed to the swimming pool. President Harley was enthusiastic with this idea too and joined us. Rtr Lloyd and I had been very good in arranging the logistic and we took turn to drive there.

The first time I went to swim with Lloyd, I almost drown. Without any effort of warming up our bodies, we jumped straight into the chilling pool and started to swim like Jack and Rose in The Titanic. I forgot I had quitted sports for more than 3 years! Suddenly I found both my legs and arms giving in and not listening to my command. Lloyd felt the same too. When both of us finished swimming, we felt like our heads were going to burst. It was painful.

But practice makes perfect. We did not give up and we swim regularly. Now (not to say I am blowing my own trumpet here), if I am not disturbed by the boy who refuses to grow up (you-know-who) I could easily swim laps after laps non stop.

The girls are showing tremendous improvement too. Sooling is learning how to lift up her head to breathe while Engtee learns how to swim faster. Both of them enjoy swimming now and often refuse to leave the pool to go for shower when asked by us (they need 40 minutes to shower! The boys have to wait for them like husband waiting for wife to deliver).

So, joining us too? Just contact me or Lloyd.
The Swimming Team

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Execuse me...
there are so many types of swimsuit for gals. Eg..Bikini, normal swimsuit....of coz takes some times.

not like u guys, just a short pant will do.Am i rite, gals?

Anyway, I would like to thank you Rtr Llyod for giving me the chance of learning swimming. Otherwise, i may just stay at home and do nothing.

hehe...

Friday, March 10, 2006 7:00:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Time Flies, now it has already 2 months passed since we went swimming for the 1st time.

However, the crowd is getting bigger and i hope there will more swimmers joining us from time to time.

Let see if I could have more from RAC Subang :) Sembahyanglah...


Harley

Sunday, March 12, 2006 2:49:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suddenly I feel like I miss the water.

Monday, March 13, 2006 5:37:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sembahyanglah...

Harnniann, when do you guys swim and where? Have been wanting to learn how to swim for some time now. Perhaps you could be my coach. Sounds fun tho. Mind if I join you guys for a dip too?

Sembahyanglah...

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 5:07:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sembahyanglah...

Harnniann, when do you guys swim and where? Have been wanting to learn how to swim for some time now. Perhaps you could be my coach. Sounds fun tho. Mind if I join you guys for a dip too?

Sembahyanglah...

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 5:07:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of coz you are welcome to join us. but before that, can you plz identify yourself so we could contact you and make the necessary arrangement? Thanks!

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 12:01:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aiyah...Bernard here...sorry sorry...i've talked to Harley about this as well..he says it's fun tho..:)

Thursday, April 06, 2006 9:51:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home