Friday, March 31, 2006

I meet my sister in Taiwan… finally

Contributed by President Toh Harnniann
Dear visitors of this blog, I am back!

I have thousands of stories about Taiwan to tell you but today is my first day at work after 7 days of long holiday, so my workloads do not allow me to put all of them into writing and blog them.

But there is one thing I would like to share: I met my sister in Taipei at the tallest building in the world, Taipei 101! Can you imagine that? Maybe you are unable to feel what I feel now but please allow me to enlighten you by providing some backgrounds.

My sister, Shinzao left Malaysia to study in Taiwan a few years ago. During these years, I only managed to meet her every time she came back to visit Malaysia for a very short period of time.

Before I went to Taiwan, I told her that I would like to see her there if possible. She was delighted. It was hard to arrange for the meeting as I do not have hand phone there to contact her and further I stayed in Hsinju (northwest of Taiwan) while she stayed in the centre of Taipei which was one and a half hour apart.

When the Taiwanese rotaractors graciously arranged for a brief tour to Taipei, I grasped that chance to meet her and I did.

She waited me at the MRT station nearest to Taipei 101. When I was walking up the escalator my heartbeat shot up gradually. Unconsciously I was walking in front of the Taiwanese rotaractors, taking the lead.

When I saw her, she did not notice me immediately as she was giving direction to a few senior citizens who had lost their way. But our eyes met finally, after so many years. Emotions poured all over the place. But I was too macho to show my tears. I never realized that I missed my sister so much! My sister joined the gang of rotaractors to climb up the tallest building in the world. It only took us 37 seconds to reach the peak.

It was sad that we only had less than two hours there as the Taiwanese rotaractors had arranged a series of activities for us that evening.

We chat a lot trying to make up the time we have lost. Finally, it was time to say good bye. We took pictures and hugged each others before we parted.

As I walked back to the MRT station, I turned to look at my sister for the last time. She was walking at the opposite direction and I only could see her back. It was a scene I would not forget for a very long time.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, you know that sometimes we just can't get the best of both world. However, we will always remember all the sweet times we have had. That memories, will carry us further than we thought.

lloyd

Saturday, April 01, 2006 5:36:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh god sin sin biao jie become more mature liao. miss her so much... anyway, remind me if there is any trip to taiwan again. ciaoz!

Saturday, April 01, 2006 8:00:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's my pleasure to meet all of you. Due to the limited time, we are unable to share as much as we could. This is why we must keep in touch in the future. Wish all of you be happy everyday.

Sunday, April 02, 2006 9:30:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember that day harnniann met up with his sister in Taipei, it was a moment of love between bro and sis. Despite weather was chilling out there, seeing them exchanging hug did warm me up a little. How sweet and excited could it be in meeting up one sis in Taipei!

Fei Lin

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 3:15:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home