Tuesday, March 21, 2006

As I walk down the aisle…

Contributed by Rtr Diana

I hear the gentle keys of the organ. I see fresh flowers floating down the aisle. I see my sisters in pink and white. Next to me, my hands were firmly grasped by my father. I have never been held this way. It feels like he never wants to let his favorite, precious child go. Then I felt a tug. It’s time. I stayed rooted to the ground. I looked up and saw my husband looking at me. Another tug. I held my head down; I couldn’t bear to look at the congregation. Pools of tears blurred my vision. It seems a little too soon when we reached the end of the aisle. My dad said, “Take care of her. Take care of your family...” A warm, familiar hand then clasped onto mine as my father left my sight.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really can feel it..

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 4:30:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home