Sunday, March 26, 2006

Here they go...

AS I am in the midst of sorting out some errands, I went back to the blog of Port Klang Centennial. Looking at it, I grasped and found out how much I actually miss my president (Harnniann Toh). Scrolling down on the pages, looking at articles that he has supplied, I am more than just impressed for what he has done for the club. I recalling back to the day when we all met in Klang Club to set up the club, started off with absolutely nothing and not quite yet sure where we will be heading to. Although I have not been around until recently, I have totally melted into this club that it has become my, so called, second family. For the things that we have done so far, shows it all. Orphanage visit, Medical Camp, Guess Speaker days, days in Karak and endless mamak ‘fellowships’.

My memory flashes again as I was sending Harnniarn, Eng Tee, Harley, Fei Lin and the rest off in KLIA. Here they go, off for a week to Taiwan for a good will visit. They hugged me goodbye and slowly disappearing into the crowd. It brought me to wonder, it is the one that left or the one that stayed would be more horrendous? Feeling lonesome, I walked back to my car. I found something my president has left for me.

Looking at the piece of paper Harnniann has noted down to remind me of important things to do for the club. I remember he was quite excited about the high number of readers visiting our blog. Chatting, he said, “Lloyd, you have to write something on the blog to make sure everyone stay tune within the web.” I raised my head, looking straight into him as he continued, “How can we afford to let go this crowd?” I smiled and could not agree more. Yes, we are doing great, great in a sense that not large in number but how close we have brought each other together. Even better, it is not just among us, I have seen it reaching out further that I initially thought. Plus, we are now crossing the border into Taiwan.

It is an honor taking over the web. While in a high hope of maintaining what we have, I am looking forward to push it higher. Hereby, I wish Rotaractors that have left for Taiwan, will have a great time and awesome experiences. Please, do come back with bag full of stories or I will kick your asses!

Also, shout outs to Rotaractors in Pudu, thanks for having us in Karak; Kelana Jaya and Kajang, you guys are simply awesome; Subang and Shah Alam, looking forward for more great time! And for everyone else who has visited this place, criticisms and suggestions are greatly welcome! Ha!

PS: Now, Lloyd is in da house! Any shout outs for the love one?

Lloyd Cheam
Rtr. Port Klang Centennial

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicely written, Lloyd!

Tim

Monday, March 27, 2006 10:30:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, a lot of sentiments here...;)

Thursday, March 30, 2006 1:27:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am back! First thing to do when I reach Malaysia was to check out this wonderful blog. Thanks Lloyd for writing such a nice piece. Thanks for taking the time to take over this blog when I was in Taiwan. Lloyd, a good writer in all sense. Looking forward to more of your contributions!

Thursday, March 30, 2006 3:41:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"mua3 ci2" taste good?

Friday, March 31, 2006 4:09:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

which muah chi u refering eng tee? The one that i bought is already "gone" (finish)...yum yummy~

Still longing for the CHEESE mua chi here!!!

Fei Lin

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 9:15:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am refering to the muai chi2 u bought to Lloyd. haha...

Next time u can try to buy "cheeze" mua chi. Sure Lloyd will like it.
Lloyd hor...

Friday, April 07, 2006 2:05:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm... interesting blog... great write ups harn niann... :-D

do come join more of KJ's activities... it'd be fun to have u guys along...

haha.. better still come join us for joint fellwoship to Kuala Selangor from 29-30 April 2006

Boon
RAC KJ

Friday, April 07, 2006 2:50:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home