Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Installation Memories

Contributed by Rtr Jia Thiam

I have just joined this club recently. Barely knowing all the Rotaract members at that time, I kept on wondering whether I’m capable of working with them. Will I be left out from the group? Will I have no one to talk with during that time? These are the thoughts which came running through my mind like an unsolved puzzle. Nevertheless, the members of the Rotaract Club have proved me wrong. They are just a bunch of friendly people and I could feel the friendliness in the atmosphere while working with them.

(Never knew singing club song can be that fun!)

As far as I’m concerned, everyone worked very hard with only one goal in mind: to successfully organize this event. And we did it. We have also given hope to the orphans and cheer them up a little. Through their faces, we know that they will surely understand that they’re not alone while going through the journey of their life. They have us and the people around them to give them support and a loving heart. Though we had many ups and downs during the preparation of this event, but the end result has definitely carved a smile on our face. Everyone left the dinning room with a satisfied feeling in their heart. What else can we expect but feel proud of ourselves.

This Installation Day is truly a wonderful event and it deserved a special place in my heart. I met many new faces during that dinner and my heart has definitely been opened wide to more friends. I never would expect a simple dinner, turned out to be so much fun. I would like to thank Rotaractor Shung Lee for his effort in making this event a reality. You truly amazed me. I would have doubted my ability in organizing such event.

13 Comments:

Blogger Feldman said...

Very wonderfully written indeed. I can see where your potential is. Looking forward to more articles from you!

Thursday, August 17, 2006 1:27:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Anonymous,

We welcome your primary school brother's article if indeed it is better than Jia Thiam's. Looking forward to reading it.

Further, we welcome all comments but certain manners must be observed. Otherwise I have to exercise my discretion to delete such comment(s).

Jia Thiam, Good Work! Keep it up!

Thursday, August 17, 2006 3:40:00 pm  
Blogger jiathiam said...

Dear Anonymous,

If your primary school brother can write better article then me, I do welcome him to submit his article.

Thursday, August 17, 2006 5:56:00 pm  
Blogger Liang Boy said...

Oh yeah, Jia Thiam, welcome to the club! Good writing.

... And Shaun too!

Friday, August 18, 2006 5:44:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey,
thanX for your article.
After finsihed reading this article, i feel so sweet, that installation dinner really give me a wonderful nite.

ThanX everyone.

Friday, August 18, 2006 7:09:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey jia thiam . this is the second "jia thiam".. haha.thanks for borrowing me your uniform ! really appreciate it..

guess i missed the "anonymous" thingy..

but Jia thiam, no matter what happen, i will definitely be on your side!!

You did a great job . as i know it is hard to even open the Microsoft words to type, furthermore you written quite well..

all the best!!

zee kin

Friday, August 18, 2006 7:18:00 pm  
Blogger jiathiam said...

Thanks everyone for being on my side. You guys are just like my second family. Anyway, I just can’t wait for this Sunday event.

Friday, August 18, 2006 8:19:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow i'm indeed trully perturbed and touched by the 'shallowness' of minds that all the rotaractors have..indeed a great legion of morons who in my opinion drool in the presence of cheap,useless reading materials written by species of the same class of u ppl.keep up the good work..even if u don't win the rotaractor of the year award,u might win the 'greatest class of mentally challenged ppl,200X',and the reason it's not 20xx and not 2XXX?i think not that many species of animals live that long on earth to form a animal society outside ournational zoo.

signing of,
yours truly,

THE CONDEMNNATION OF SCARCE MINDED PPL.

Saturday, August 19, 2006 12:29:00 am  
Blogger Feldman said...

Wow anonymous,

You must be a great supporter of this blog! Appreciate that you've read and continued to contribute in a unique way. Looks like you can write quite well too. You want to contribute an article sometime? Or is your younger brother still better than you? :S

Saturday, August 19, 2006 3:36:00 pm  
Blogger Liang Boy said...

hahahahahahaha, my god president, that's funny. Now, I really admire the way you handle situations.

Come on lar, Mr. Who-ever-you-are, accusations are the last thing we need in this world. It's like homing pigeons.

So, " 己所不欲,勿施于人" - direct translation, "what you do not want, please do not give it to the others."

Peace~

Saturday, August 19, 2006 8:49:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear jia thiam,

thx 4 ur article,hope u can contribute more articles to our blog.

good job!!


sooling

Saturday, August 19, 2006 10:27:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Anonymous,

Wow! Your comment has certainly made this blog alive and kicking!

I guess your comment will not be deleted this time. It will be there for everyone to judge who actually is the "legion of morons".

As far as I can tell, at least the Rotaractors are brave enough to type their names in the comments, unlike you who choose to be anonymous.

My sincere thanks to you for making reading this blog an entertaining exercise. I personally would look forward to reading your further comments.

Articles will be published from time to time. Your valuable comment/criticism is welcome. We, the Rotaractor always strive to improve ourself.

Jia Thiam, I am sure you will write us a new article very soon right? Thanks!

Saturday, August 19, 2006 10:43:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jia Thiam,

Welcome to the club. Thanks for the great article and thank you for assisting me for the registration/ushering committee
during the club installation.

Sunday, August 20, 2006 7:20:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home