Thursday, February 09, 2006

The Slow But Steady Change of Our Club


I wrote this against the back ground of the recent First Joint District Rotary-Rotaract Conference:-

The first night dinner ended with a group of people dancing on the dance floor. This group of people was later joined by more enthusiastic dancers as the music continued and gradually the number of people on the dance floor grew larger and larger.

My body was charmed by the rhythm. Suddenly I lost control of my legs and before I even realized it, I was slowly walking towards the dance floor joining the ever growing pool of people. I have abandoned the rest of my club members who were quietly observing the dancing crowd. My action surprised me but without giving it much thought, my whole body was moving at the command of the music.

Just a few minutes later to my utter surprise I saw the rest of my club members, all of them joining the crowd and started to dance.

Even to the untrained eyes, it was easy to tell that by judging the way we danced, we were not those “dancing queens or kings” who had a lot of training at the clubs or pubs. We were the rookies but the fun was no lesser.

While I was moving my hands and shaking my legs around trying to look like dancing, this idea popped into my mind: I have never seen our club members dance before!

Since when our club when being asked to dance on the floor we do not decline but happily accept the invitation?

We have changed.

Since when our club when being surrounded by strangers we do not shy away but to smile at them and make new friends?

We have changed.

From the above observation, I know that our club is heading towards the right direction. We have developed the right attitude to open ourselves to the district. By participating in more and more district activities, we shall have more friends outside our club at the district level, and due to that we shall have no fear anymore in taking part in or organize district activities.

We have set things right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home