Thursday, August 07, 2008

Extract from Port Beacon - Uplifting & humourous Quotes-for uplifting your spirits.

Blogmaster's comment: I find some of this funny...

POCKET POSITIVES
Inspiring quotations to enligthen, refresh and uplift.

Ø Husbands are like fires.
They go out if unattended.
Zsa Zsa Gabor

Ø Black Cats or White Cats.
So long they can catch rats, they are good cats.
Deng Shao Peng

Ø You know you’re getting older when the candles
cost more than the cake.
Bob Hope

Ø I hear and I forget,
I see and I remember,
I do and I understand.
Confucius

Ø Flatter me, and I may not believe you.
Criticise me, and I may not like you.
Ignore me, and I may not forgive you.
Encourage me, and I may not forget you.
William Arthur Ward

Ø Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children.
Charles Swindoll

Ø You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.
Dale Carnegie

Ø The quality of an individual is reflected in the standards they set for themselves.
Ray Kroc

Ø Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.
Mother Theresa


Ø Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do. Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children.
Alex Haley

Ø It is amazing what you can accomplish if you
do not care who gets the credit.
Harry S. Truman.

Ø The secret of genius is to carry the spirit of the child into old age, which means never losing your enthusiasm
Aldous Huxley

Ø Some people see things as they are and say why.
I dream things that never were and say why not?
Robert F. Kennedy

Ø When we seek to discover the best in others, we somehow bring out the best in ourselves.
William Arthur Ward.

Ø True friends stab you in the front.
Oscar Wilde.

Ø A good objective of leadership is to help those who are doing poorly to do well and to those who are doing well to do even better.
Jim Rohn

Ø Quality questions create a quality life. Successful people ask better questions, and as a result, they get better answers.
Anthony Robbins

Ø When you listen with empathy to another person, you give that person psychological air.
Steven R. Covey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home