Tuesday, August 21, 2007

It’s so hard to say good bye






Contributed by CP Toh Harnniann






I was here since the very beginning: before it has a name, before it has a body, before it has a soul. It was not a club then: it was just a group of strangers.

Without rational explanation, this group of strangers decided to create and strengthen the bonds between them. So a trip to Genting was planned. It was during that trip I was unexpectedly elected as the charter president.

This group of strangers didn’t stop there. When they returned from Genting, they gathered every 2 weeks, arranged board meetings and pushed their way to get a charter certificate from Rotary International. That day was 17th May 2005, the day The Rotaract Club of Port Klang Centennial was chartered. Finally, this group of friends (no longer strangers now) was given an identity.

When we were given one of the first few tasks: raising fund for a boy who had problem walking, we got into panic. We had no idea what and how to do. Once we had the money, what should we do about it? Somehow we managed to pull it through and some valuable lessons were learned along the way.

Between work place and home, it gave me a third option to spend time fruitfully and constructively. At least once in a week, my schedule was filled with one rotaract related activity: be it club meetings, board meetings, fellowships, installations, committee meetings etc you name it.

Rotaract becomes part of my life. If Rotaract is filtered out of my life, I do not dare to imagine what will happen. I guess I will be lost or wandering around the streets aimlessly while seeking for something to kill time. Worst still, if Rotaract is thoroughly filtered, I would not have this opportunity and honour to know great friends in the club, in this district or another.

But the Chinese says 天下无不散之筵席. There is always time to say good bye. And my time with Rotaract Club of Port Klang Centennial has finally reached an interval.

I had no choice. If I could bring the whole club to China, I would. But the buckets always go to the well, not the other way round.

My dear Rotaract Club of Port Klang Centennial,

Please forgive my selfishness. I decided to abandon you to chase my dreams in China. I am not sure whether I will find what I seek. I am not sure whether I will come back in the foreseeable future. At this stage, the future is full of excitements and uncertainties.

I know you will give me your blessings. I also know you will grow stronger and larger, become more vibrant and energetic with or without me.

Right now, I have a song for you. A song that best describes my feelings right now:-

It’s so hard to say goodbye to Yesterday – Boyz II Men

How do I say goodbye to what we had?
The good times that made us laugh
Outweigh the bad.

I thought we'd get to see forever
But forever's gone away
It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday.

I don't know where this road
Is going to lead
All I know is where we've been
And what we've been through.

If we get to see tomorrow
I hope it's worth all the wait
It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday.

And I'll take with me the memories
To be my sunshine after the rain
It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday.

And I'll take with me the memories
To be my sunshine after the rain
It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday.

God bless!

3 Comments:

Blogger Feldman said...

Dear CP Toh & Eng Tee,

Wish you all the best in your future undertakings. We will indeed miss you two and hope that we'll keep in touch alwiz.

You have not been selfish to us, you made your decision to pursue your goals in life and we're proud of you.

Please take care and may god bless you.

Feld

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 10:31:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Freedom is the ability for one to pursue one's dream.

Happiness is the reason for one to have one's dream.

Passion is the energy for one to achieve one's dream.

Opportunity is the chance for one to determine one's dream.

China is the land for one to realize one's dream.

You were given the freedom,
You seek happiness,
You demonstrated passion,
You found the opportunity,
You are in China.

All my best wishes to you and Eng Tee.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 6:38:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CP Toh and Eng Tee,

There is a saying in life:

People come into your life, for a reason, either for a season or for a lifetime.

Thank you both for past contributions to the club.

All the best to u both.

Thursday, August 23, 2007 3:19:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home